Jomtien - Pattaya
The driest and coolest period is from November to early March, temperatures are mild and the rare rains, temperatures can even go down to 20, 22 ° at night, but usually it is around 25 to 30 °.
The hottest period is in April and May, and in September the rainiest October but has nothing to do with the Indian monsoon, usually this is limited to a large storm in the late afternoon.
The temperature of the sea water is between 27 and 30 degrees.
ATMs are very numerous in Pattaya, you can make withdrawals up to the limit of your bank authorization.
In tourism, there are many exchange offices, euros are accepted everywhere without any problems.
Thailand is a safe country, certainly safer than many European countries.
In addition, there are in Pattaya, a special police, the Tourist Police, whose agents speak English and even French, they will assist you in case of problems.
This is the length of your stay determines the choice of your visa.
- For a stay less than 30 days, no visa is necessary only condition, your passport must be valid more than 6 months upon arrival in the Thai territory.
- The tourist visa is issued for tourist purposes. The tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the filing date, and it gives the right to a 60 days stay from the arrival in Thailand.
Remember, once left the Thai territory, the visa is automatically canceled even if the applicant does not pass a single day in Thailand.
Tourist visas can be extended one extra month in one of the immigration services at 1900 baht (about 50 €) without leaving the country
- For a stay longer than 60 days, Tourist Visa with Multiple Inputs (METV) The tourist visa with multiple entries is available for tourists of all nationalities living and working in France. The validity of the visa is six (6) months and the period of stay is sixty (60) days per visit, but with Thai leaving the country every two months.
- Visa no-immigrant O - This type of visa does not work and gives the right to stay in Thailand for a stay of 90 days (the visa for one entry on the Thai territory.
Before leaving the country cancels the visa and requires a new application for the issue to re-enter Thai territory). The holder of the visa may extend or change the type of visa once entered Thailand Immigration Service, for example OA visa.
- The OA Visa is for pensioners and people older than 50 years.
This type of visa does not work and gives the right to stay in Thailand for a year, be careful if you go out without asking for Re-entry (1000 baht) for each output, you lose your visa, there is the possibility of request a multi-entry (3900 baht) if you count out frequently.
For each entry, if the stay exceeds 90 days, the holder must report to the immigration service.
The holder of the visa may be extended every year the immigration service.
Warning: from the second application of this type of visa from the Embassy or immigration, a bank deposit of 800,000 baht in a bank in Thailand is compulsory three months before the renewal, and the form of a recent certificate or a good bank book updated (within a month) or an income of 65,000 baht / month
- There are other visas B, ED, and ... you have any information on the Thai Embassy website in your country
If you plan to rent a motorbike or a car, the international license is required, not to rent the car because the landlord will ask you surely not the passport is enough for him, but if you have any problems, the international license not avoid a lot of trouble, already the insurance level. Driving a vehicle in Thailand poses no major problem, except that we drive on the left, and that the conduct of Thais is sometimes disconcerting.